Present: Margaret Riel, Linnea Rademaker, and Rich McPherson
First topic was the election and congratulations to the new Chair of the Web Development & Technology Working Group - Rich McPherson
He will be taking over the group on Aug 1 and will lead the next meeting at the end of August
Evolution of ARNA Connect
1) Margaret made these changes to the front page based on the suggestions by members at the conference:
a) Moved the "welcome" text to the new member page reducing the overall amount of text on the page
b) Dropped the returning visitor button and changed the blog button to be like the other two
c) Added an image from the conference
d) Added the link to the proceedings
2) Rich made some changes to the conference pages
3) Linnea changed the banner page on Facebook to feature the new conference site.
We discussed the following:
1) What to do about the fact that the blog has had no new entries since November.
2) Reviewed Twitter and tweets are not being retreeted and appearing on the timeline.
3) How to assure that conference pages have the link back to the ARNA connect and the issue of creating a template for them.
Margaret: Post the 2016 awards to the members and conference pages, also to see if she can find a way to scroll the welcomes in different languages.
Linnea: retreet the stored tweets a few each day until we are caught up
Rich: Prepare his new ideas for the next session which he will lead.