Greetings and Happy New Year!
Hope you all enjoyed the holidays. This quick new year update will highlight recent ARNA developments.
- We are finalizing the conference location and will make an announcement within the next few days. Thanks to Conference Co-Coordinator Suzy Thomas for the boots-on-the-ground research of possible locations. We now have narrowed the list to two options.
- The Conference Planning Committee also has begun receiving proposals for presentations. The due date for proposals is February 1.
- The Membership, Sponsors, and Marketing Working Group just sent the first formal invitations for ARNA conference sponsors. We intend to secure a minimum of five Organizational Sponsors for the conference along with five table sponsors. Further details can be found on the conference page.
- The Infrastructure Development Working Group is in the process of preparing proposals for the network structure. These proposals will be considered as a part of working group and plenary sessions at the conference.
- The Web Development Group continues to update the web site and consider ideas for expanding the functionality and content of the site.
- The latest meeting of the ARNA Coordinating Group was held today. Notes from the meeting are attached below. The Coordinating Group meets the first Friday of every month via Google Friends.
The full Organizing Committee now has 23 members. At present, there are two openings on the Organizing Committee. If you wish to nominate someone who you are confident will be able to be an active member of one of the working groups, please let me know ASAP.