For 2015-16 ARNA will continue to develop a number of key initiatives. As new members become active in ARNA’s working groups, new initiatives also will emerge.
ARNA is committed to engagement with a variety of strategies for knowledge engagement to bridge gaps between research, policy and practice in crucial social domains. Our work includes:
- Continuing the development of the ARNA family of websites, in particular increasing the movement of action research into active use in education, youth work, and human services in general
- Producing the first e-Proceedings from an ARNA conference (the 2014 Conference) and developing plans for the publication of proceedings for ARNA 2015
- Establishing exploratory committee for bilingual Journal of Action Research in theAmericas
ARNA recognizes that ‘voice’ in action research is a multi-dimensional phenomenon. Based on that recognition, ARNA is committed to:
- Continuing to build capacity for inclusivity in relationship to using the languages of the Americas in ARNA conferences, special events, and publications
- Practicing solidarity in relationship to diverse forms of knowledge production and mobilization, including practitioner-research, participatory research, youth participatory action research, etc.
- Holding ARNA’s annual conference in diverse regions of the Americas
- Beginning to explore the diversity of perspectives among ARNA members regarding applications of action research and participatory research in relationship to the challenging socio-political and geo-political issues of our times.
The Action Research Community of ARNA -- The ARC
We understand that our network is stronger when members feel engaged and when our work is approached through collaboration and the sharing of common interests. In that regard, ARNA
recognizes the importance of:
- Nurturing good working relations for all tasks and assignments
- Assisting all members who wish to be active with finding avenues for involvement
- Continuing to develop the network’s capacity for community building among action researchers across the Americas, including recruiting new members to ARNA
- Increasing the quality of communications amongst ARNA members but also the level of communication as outreach to members of the wider action research community